Good for Newcomers

For those who are new and wondering what in the world is going on here, visit my first post and read the first and last paragraphs.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Unbeaten Path


Every so often, I get the opportunity to sit down and truly ponder. In today's workaholic world of instantaneous results and gratification, it's hard to get some decent alone time to just sit and think. I got such an opportunity while nestled in the majesty of the Teton Mountains near Driggs, Idaho this past Memorial Day weekend. The following just flowed out of me, as it were, and I feel like sharing. Here you go, I hope you enjoy it:

We can watch our loved ones move on without us. Indeed, they progress toward their dreams and goals as we remain in our last footsteps, stagnant. What we don't seem to notice (but I say we do, though afraid to confront it) is the path that lies ahead of us. Different, winding out of view, but in the same direction as our dear ones': On. That is where we will go, there lies our future and dare we to traverse such a wild-looking path, endless treasures await us. We need not to fear, we need not to fatigue in the sight of the unknown. Onward now, on to bright horizons and the warmth of a life better suited to us than we can presently see.

No comments:

Post a Comment