Good for Newcomers

For those who are new and wondering what in the world is going on here, visit my first post and read the first and last paragraphs.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Midterm Happenings

Day of, after classes
Today
 So here we are, another adventurous blog post to be read. Yep, that's pretty much how it is....My life, from an other's perspective probably looks pretty boring. I eat, sleep, go to school, and do homework. I play Ultimate Frisbee twice a week and soccer about once a week. In case you're wondering, this jazzy-looking doohickey on my ankle is not from either sport, but from a class. My life really isn't all that boring. It turns out that clogging can be quite dangerous, hence the nice signature my clogging shoe left. It's important to know where you're putting your feet at all times. What happens if you don't? This nice pictures give you a clue.
The story is quite ordinary, actually. We were learning a new step and I lost focus (and balance, apparently) just long enough to put the heel of my shoe down along my leg. It did bleed, though not profusely and I didn't have anything running down my leg-even with all the up-down motions and stomping and whatnot. My favorite story about it was made up on the spot to an apartment visitor. Essentially, I had them convinced that the squirrels around here can be quite vicious. I came clean, of course.
Moving on. This last week I went and saw Bill Cosby, in the flesh! I thought I was excited the week leading up to the show, I thought I was excited the night of, going into the auditorium, I thought I was excited. Then he came out on stage and I was excited! My friend and I were laughing so hard, we almost fell out of our chairs. Some embarrassing noises issued from us as we continued to laugh after our ability to breath left us. He had us a little worried at first, because the man is older than we remember him. I think the last time I saw him was on his TV show. I should have figured that he ages just like any normal person, but I didn't think about it. He's still as funny as ever, though, and I loved every minute of that show.
Anyway, those were the highlights lately. The weather's been bipolar, 87 degrees Fahrenheit and sunny one day, 60 degrees and rainy the next for a day or two after that, getting really nice only to drop down and be testy all over again. I survived all my midterms, thankfully. School couldn't have cared less if I could handle what I was being dished out or not, but that's no surprise. We usually rise up to the occasion, anyway. Now one of my biggest things is getting in contact with a professional athlete to interview for my Advanced Sports Psychology class. Yeeha for that.

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly how I felt when I went to that Harry Connick, Jr concert years back (and probably Brian Regan, though my memory is ironically less distinct of that occasion). I was really jazzed for the HCJ concert, and I was jazzed to be there, and then when he came on the stage, it like doubled. I just looked up some of the Cosby videos and I see exactly what you mean - he looks OLD, but still with it!

    ReplyDelete