Good for Newcomers

For those who are new and wondering what in the world is going on here, visit my first post and read the first and last paragraphs.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Final Countdown

Wow, I'm sorry to anyone who might still be interested in this blog. I remind you, however, that at the beginning of this, I mentioned that I would update whenever I felt like. Well, it's more like whenever I could this semester. It's been a busy one, for sure! Projects, tests, preparation for finals, and the like have dominated my life these last couple of weeks. Granted, I have had time for fun, and I've taken it! I went to Yellowstone with a small group of friends on the 7th, which was great. I didn't really take any pictures with my camera. My friend, Ronnie, was the camera-bearer for this trip and I'm expecting the pictures to appear sooner or later on Facebook. I was the wheels for this trip, and I got a nice case of "trucker's arm." My left arm was darker, redder, and had a more definite tan-line than my right (and still is, but not so much anymore).
I hope everyone had a great Independence Day! Mine was considerably different than all other years. I had failed to make any plans for the day and nobody I knew had invited me to partake in their plans, so my day was basically spent doing homework until about dinner time, when I went and shared a semi-traditional meal with an old roommate of mine. We then played games and watched a bit of the movie, "Independence Day"-what a classic! Anyway, I made my way home, took in a beautiful sight of the moon and the temple, saw a few fireworks off in the distance, and prepared for the next day.
Moving on, today is a day to be marked on the calendar. Today, I gave my first talk in church since I got home from my mission on June 4th, 2008. It was on preparing for the temple and a copy can be reproduced upon request. I don't feel like it's all that great, but people seemed to have enjoyed it. I was even quoted in Sunday School, which is pretty flattering.
Now my thoughts venture out for this final week of school. Finals, finals, and more finals await me alongside white glove clean checks and a final project presentation. That's not all, however. I will be going to see the midnight premiere of the newest Batman movie, "The Dark Knight Rises". I'm really excited for it! I'll have taken my very last final about 3 hours before and it will be a great way to celebrate. Then, to further celebrate a mostly-successful semester, I'm going to go hike Mt. Timpanogos with some family on Saturday, which will be really nice as well. It has been a few years since I last went, and I'm ready to go again!
Anyway, life is wonderful, despite what some people think, and I'm for more of it! I'll be home by Friday night, and then starts the seven weeks of good times.

1 comment: